This year’s Gate Safety Week is taking place from 10-16 October and across the industry, organisations are coming forward to lend their support to the campaign.
Last year, we were lucky enough to receive a number of vital messages of support from key bodies and companies, all of whom highlighted the need for Gate Safety Week and supporting our efforts in raising awareness, educating and increasing engagement amongst industry professionals and individuals. These messages of support have been added to a dedicated page on the Gate Safety Week website: http://gatesafetyweek.org.uk/be-a-gate-safety-week-supporter/
If you would like to add a message of support, please call 015394 35855 or email email@example.com
What more can be done?
In addition, there are further activities that can be undertaken to help spread the word, in the lead up to Gate Safety Week:
• Use social media to get the conversation started! Tweet and Facebook are great vehicles through which to post your thoughts about the ‘Gate Safety Week’ campaign.
• For those of you who haven’t yet joined us on Facebook and Twitter, please do! (FB: Door&HardwareFederation; TW: @gatesafetyweek; @dhfonline). This year, we are using the following hashtags to highlight the campaign: #SafeGatesSaveLives; #GateSafetyWeek; #GSW2016
• Send out a press release to your local press highlighting your own activities in the lead up to the campaign. A template press release is already in place on the Gate Safety Week website to guide you – all you need do is add your company details! http://gatesafetyweek.org.uk/gate-safety-week-for-dhf-members/
• Write a letter to your local MP highlighting the campaign and urging change. Again, there is a sample letter provided on the Gate Safety Week website: http://gatesafetyweek.org.uk/gate-safety-week-for-dhf-members/
• Take a look at the ‘Gate Safety Week’ website, where you can download a copy of our presentation – www.gatesafetyweek.org.uk
For further information and to lend support, visit www.gatesafetyweek.org.uk or call 015394 35855.