The DHF Powered Gate Group welcomes the recently-released, new information pages on the HSE website:
The information on these pages reflects and complements the DHF stance on powered gate safety. The pages also reference and link to the extensive powered gate group guidance document library:
The Powered Gate Group Gate Safety Diploma training course already covers and addresses the many areas of concern referred to in the new pages.
· Assessment of Essential Health and Safety Requirements and how to achieve them in detail
· Proper and quantified risk assessment
· Identification and control of hazards mentioned in standards and those that are currently not covered adequately
· Integration and compatibility of safety and control systems
· Use of proper measurement devices
· Test methods for force limitation in awkward locations
· Understanding the limitations of hazard control technologies
· Detailed advice on technical files and Essential Health and Safety Requirement compliance
· The most in-depth advice and guidance in regard to repair and maintenance in the field
The Powered Gate Safety Diploma delivers the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth to ensure that owners, professionals and anyone using or otherwise affected by powered gates will be adequately protected.
In addition to its comprehensive training package, the Powered gate Group will soon be launching the DHF/National Security Inspectorate Code of Practice which will provide a one- stop, single document reference for powered gate safety. It will provide, for the first time in the powered gate industry, a means to deliver reliable and straight forward independent audits of powered gate installation and maintenance services.
The DHF Powered Gate Group consistently delivers the benchmark in powered gate safety.